"Some birds aren't meant to be caged, their feathers are just too bright"- Morgan Freeman, Shawshank Redemption. This blog is from one such bird who couldn't be caged by organizations who mandate scripted software testing. Pradeep Soundararajan welcomes you to this blog and wishes you a good time here and even otherwise.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Testing treasure for free

Hi Reader,

On Jan 18th 2007, it's birthday of
Tester Tested blog. On this occasion, I want to honor all my readers and the way I am going to honor is pretty different from what any other bloggers might have tried doing.

Hey, I am here for the first time, I am not your blog reader so am I not going to be honored?
You have read so far, so you are my reader now :)

As my blog reader, here is a chance for you to win a free book written by Cem Kaner, James Bach and Bret Pettichord.

All you need to do is to just send me your mailing address and I shall send it to you within 5 working days.


Well, if you thought that is how you can get a free copy of Lessons learned in Software Testing. You are wrong!

This is how you can get it:




The above picture is a screen shot of something that you are going to enter and test it. Wait, here are the rules to win a free copy of "Lessons learned in Software Testing" -

I want to hear a story about how you explored the program. ( Contest Closed )

Do not send me your test ideas or test cases but I need a story, you might find a couple of stories in this blog and you might build your own. Take a look at a sample story .


The first 8 best stories win a free copy of Lessons Learned in Software Testing !

  • You can e-mail me your story to - pradeep.srajan@gmail.com
  • The copies would be sent to you if you are within India only.
  • I would take care of the postage charges and you just need to receive it, read it, enjoy it and become a better tester.
  • I am giving these books for free to encourage skill development of Indian testers.
  • 8 is a number that I love and if there are more than 8 good stories I receive, I would love to send a free copy to them too.
  • The winners name will be updated on this post.
  • You can also get your story critiqued by me, and you need to mention in the e-mail if you want me to spend time on it. Unless you specify, I would learn something from your story and keep quiet :)
  • To challenge your skills, get the testers in your company to work on this exercise.
  • There is no last date. As long as I have money to send you a book, I can keep giving you a book.
  • I shall upload the best stories I receive and shall share the link, so keep coming back to this post and check what's new.
  • Even if you do not win the book, you have a chance to receive a link to online treasure that can make you a better Black Box Tester!
I thank you all so much for encouraging me. The number of people this blog has brought to my life is amazing. I wish to get more people to my life!

Get honored!

Pradeep Soundararajan - http://testertested.blogspot.com - +91-98451-76817

"Pradeep's first language is not English--his first language appears to be testing." -- Michael Bolton

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pradeep
Happy Birthday for Tester Tested,Congrats and i wish you a great year and this is a nice question for testers to think about it

Anonymous said...

hi ,pradeep this is pavan kumar.this the first time iam here..its very good . from today iam going to read it daily. good work..and advance happy birthday wishes to tester tested.
can i get the book toooo this is my mail id.pavansirimalla@yahoo.com
thank u....

Anonymous said...

Here's wishing Tester Tested Many many successful years ahead.

Anonymous said...

Hello Pradeep!

Congratulations with this first year.
I'll take the test, just because I think it would be fun.

You don't need to send me the book. I already have and it's wonderful.

Erwin.

Anonymous said...

First question ...
When you say "a screen shot of something that you are going to enter and test it", what are you actually looking for?

How I played the game and the quickest way to capture Tom?

or

Are you playing the role of "Cartoon Network" and you want to find out if it the game is save enough to have it published on the website?

or ...

Erwin.

Pradeep Soundararajan said...

@ Erwin,

I am looking for a tester to explore the game. Any more information that I give would be harmful for exploration.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pradeep,

Congragulations for completing one year. I wish you have many years like this and achieve great success.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pradeep,
Congrats to Testers Tested for completing 1 year! After soo many days i visited your blog today and luckily turned out to be d D-Day! :)
All the very best for many more to come...

Anonymous said...

Hi Pradeep ,
Congrats for completing one year . Keep posting .
Regards
Manjunath M.S

Unknown said...

hi pradeep,
this is jagadeesh iam for the first time to see this plz send me the book i will read it daily and also thank u............

Pradeep Soundararajan said...

@Jagdeesh,

The book is free and I can send it to you, provided you work on the exercise I have given above.

Thanks,

-- Pradeep